Friday, July 17, 2009

R/D3

-Social bookmarking seems to be a really good device for keeping track of research. I know there has been times I thought for sure i would be able to remember a site and go back to it numerous times and in turn couldn't remember it or find it for the life of me. I would definitely see myself using social bookmarking and trying to incorporate it into my classroom lesson plans for my students. Social bookmarking could also lend a hand in partner work on school projects, homework, etc. for students trying accomplish the best scenario's for their work. Students would be able to work together and share ideas and compare research at home without leaving there desk. The article on social bookmarking did raise some good points that would have me concerned in letting the students use this. Not only the students but anyone in general could fall into anyone of the downfalls of the social bookmarking world. If we are amateurs at this and not find out the proper usage of the technology we could make it more work than what it is worth, that would be my only concern.

-The definitions of educational technology was first introduced to me in edt5420 and the definition in the chapter we had to read was very difficult, if you will, to follow i found myself reading the chapter over numerous times. For lack of better words the definition seems to be very 'technical' and formal with a lot of big words. I am glad that the book definition states that over the years more attention has been given to the noninstructinoal solutions to performance problems. And that the two sets of practices formed the core of the field. I think there is still work that needs to be done on the definition in order to guide us as teachers in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment