Well the first application that caught my eye was zoho, presentation is everything. I found it easy to look at and locate and determine where i was going and what it contained right from the beginning versus some of the other applications that i had to scout around to see where i needed to go to get the necessary information. It just seemed like there was so much available maybe it was just how everything was lined up in columns and labeled and you could see what was there. After i started looking around it reminded me of some other programs that i might have used already. For instance the zoho writer looked alot like windows applications and what was available through windows. Although it offered everything windows has to offer, at least that is what it looked like, it seemed to offer more, like the zoho share tab where you can go in and look at different content and profiles, etc. There were also the chat and bloggers that windows doesn't offer in there programs, but again everything in there looked like windows but compiled all in one program where as with windows you have to buy the different products to get everything like you would have to buy windows office, or quickbooks, or other programs to create databases and invoices or browse the marketplace. I liked the meeting tab that would really be useful in having a central meeting with everyone involved through the internet, that made me say wow....
So i wanted to look at one of the photo editing options rather than another office suite. I glanced at all three of them and found fotoflexer the most appealing, again not knowing how good one is more than the other i look to the one that seems the most user friendly and go from there.
The first thing i noticed was how it is compatible with myspace and facebook and other social pages that most students would know about. I also liked how it had the different tabs to locate what you needed or wanted to do with your pictures, such as effects or retouching. I like the doodle tab it had so many options to play with. Being experienced with kodak share and an avid scarpbooker i really liked these photo editing programs better than the ones i am use to. The adding sticker feature was just like scrapbooking online......and the shape tab was the same idea that created enhancements to the pictures it was real tantalizing. I would definitely download this one.
edt 5410
17 years ago

Tracy,
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you about Fotoflexer. It seemed so much easier than the other photo editing applications. It also was a lot more fun!!
I wonder what use this would get in a regular aceadmic classroom. I can see how it would be used in electives (art, yearbook, video editing, etc. ) I think this a tool that is more for the teachers and staff of the building. Maybe I am wrong, let me know.
Jackie Sowle
I only tried picnik, but after your description, I'll think I'll give fotoflexer a try. I am just getting into scrapbooking, so whatever makes it easier would be best for me!
ReplyDelete