My favorite activity this semester was maintaining the blog itself. I think having to work with it through out the semester makes it easier to try and figure it out. Having to learn something new, doing it, getting it done, and leaving it behind tends to be more likely to forget about than if you continue to use something. I feel more comfortable with the blogger and seeing others pages and what mine could look like makes it seem more achievable. The blogger was intimidating at first until you dig in and get your hands dirty and move around a bit. So in turn the blogger was made to use all the activities and made it more interesting in using it because you could see all the capabilities that were possible with the page where as if we weren't required to do anything with the page it would seem like a useless tool.
The application of Artificial Intelligence seems really interesting and "neat". So in turn it is almost replacing the teacher? omgosh that is not good for us.......it states that its frameworks are viewed as highly interactive, computer-based instructional environments whose goal is to actively guide learners toward achieving expertise within a given content area, isn't that what a teacher is for? Its great that its ability to accurately diagnose learning errors by matching error patterns to predefined models of novice performance and to tailor subsequent instructional activities so that learner performance more closely matches that of the expert model. But i'm sure there will be people questioning what is a novice and what makes the expert model right. I like the idea only because it can give the extra assistance a student may need such as a tutor that may be hired during struggling points of a students learning.
edt 5410
17 years ago

Tracy,
ReplyDeleteI too really like the Blog-to me there are so many more applications for it. I am a little leery of artificial intelligence because of its capabilities whether or not that comes to fruition is another story! Of course I really liked Data on Star Trek!! :) KathyW
It was helpful to start the blog and have a chance to actually work with it through the class. I'm sure there are other features that I can utilize and it seems pretty easy! -Suzy
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed the blog and building the webpage. Both apply so easily to education.
ReplyDeleteTracy,
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed the blog; however, I still wonder how everyone managed to make their you tube fee small enought to fit on the side bar.
In terms of your fears for artificial intelligence, I do not think that students are going to be solely taught by computers in our lifetimes. Even if they are, they will still need education professionals to help them with creating the programs.
Jackie Sowle
Tracy, I don't think Artificial Intelligence will replace us. The importance is working together with them to make our job easier and more effective, just like a computer and the technology we have. Although, it had crossed my mind before that one day, I was being replaced by a computer.
ReplyDelete