-This answer is where i left off in reflection 5 stating that some of our society might fall behind or slip through the cracks if they are not technologically advanced. As the book states in chapter 14 "as the knowledge and performance capabilities of populations improve so, too, do the economic successes of countries and their peoples" so if we dont improve will our success not improve either? I believe most of the six major categories of variables affecting are performance we are already incorporating into our lessons anyway. As a teacher i know i always look to what will stimulate my students into wanting to learn and than try to address what responses they will come up with which in turn affects the consequences or the outcome of the lessons and leads us to the next step. Do we continue or re-teach did the students get it or we need to re-analyze what we did. The individual knowledge, capacity, and motives would come into play at how we adapt or adjust our teaching and planning for future lessons. hpt/hpi is just a shorter easier way to say we are re-evaluating our lessons and students and seeing where we need to go next with our teaching.
I very much agree with your analysis of the definition and application of HPT/HPI in schools. I feel like a lot of the issues in the book are making me open my eyes to what/how exactly I plan and teach my lessons. Its crazy that there are so many steps to creating lessons and also that we are already incorporating a lot of the ideas of the book without fully realizing it. Having official terminology to what we are doing in planning lessons helps me to re-evaluate my lessons since now I can look for and analyze specific parts of my lessons that I didn't realize were as important part of the lesson as I originally thought.
ReplyDeleteDanelle Drake