Monday, July 20, 2009

R/D9

-The technology that i have experienced in this course so far has been a challenge but also doable. Iam glad i have had the opportunity to work with these technology-related tasks and having the experience will give me the confidence to use them or try to use them within my teaching strides. Some were frustrating but as long as you sit down and take your time and work through them they have all been achievable. I have gotten all the support i have needed there has never been a time that i needed something and didn't get a response for it. Well i will say i was a bit surprised that taking 5420 first had me a little be naive when it came to this course there were alot more tasks and work involved in these few shorts weeks than there was in the whole course it was more a read and relate and discuss about technology. Dont get me wrong we did have to do some hands on things in the class but this one is way more intense, i don't know if it was meant to be like that or not. I don't think you should change a thing it is a great introduction to a lot of different tools.

4 comments:

  1. Your description of 5420 is comforting for me. :) I figure I'll be taking that class soon.

    After figuring out how to use the tools, the hardest task for me is figuring out if and how I can use the tools in my class. What subject/grade are you hoping to teach? -Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding 542 to be easier simply because of less tech-activities. However, I think this class is the one that I will use the most in the classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy,

    I am glad to hear you enjoyed 5420 and that it should be a doable class while teaching. Which professor did you have?

    I agree with the technolgy assignments in this class. They were somewhat challenging at first but then if I just calmed down, I was able to complete the assingment.

    Jackie Sowle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy,
    You have already taken 5420? What class is that? I agree some of the technology tasks were a challeng but if you just spent the time and looked at the examples it certainly was doable! :)KathyW

    ReplyDelete