The first thing that came to mind was science and using it as a tutorial. I love science but when it came time to do the experiments in chemistry class it took me forever, i would have to read and re-read the directions to try and comprehend the different chemicals, tools, measurements and steps to do things in. A tutorial would be a good example of how to produce the end results for the specific experiment. I think this would be a good way for students to advance in science that struggle with reading materials and big bulky chemistry lab workbooks. I would give the students a hands on experiment to do after watching the tutorial (screencast) of the activity and what was expected at the end.
Tracy,
ReplyDeleteI think that is a great idea. It will help students know what to expect when they do the experiment. Hopefully it could also avoid a hazardous mistake.
Jackie Sowle
Great idea, Tracy. This would be especially helpful with students who get discouraged by the volume of reading to do for an experiment.
ReplyDelete